My Beautiful Encounter with China
Essay/Short-Video Competition for International Students in China and Students in Overseas Colleges of Chinese Studies
Want to tell us your stories with a Chinese friend?
Want to share with your peers your feelings about Chinese culture? Want to record your life, work, study in China in terms of the brand new life style and study mode? Want to roast your cultural conflicts, laugh, embarrassment or bitterness over your surroundings?
Please join us!
Authorized by the Ministry of Education of China, the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchanges (CSCSE), will hold the 5th “My Beautiful Encounter with China” essay competition as well as a short-video competition with the same theme this year. With the hope of helping to enrich your experience in China and promote the cultural exchanges among international students from different parts of the world, we invite you to participate the above-mentioned exciting event:
- Participants: International students in China, alumni graduated from Chinese universities, students and scholars from overseas sinology institutes.
- Ways to Participate: Participants may choose from either of the two forms (essay or short-video), or join both of them. All entries must be original, without being published in other newspapers, books or websites, or being contributed to other competitions.
- Requirements of Essay Entries
- We expect you to share with us your experiences and insights of China’s development and changes, and to imagine the bright future of economic, social, scientific and cultural exchanges between China and foreign countries.You can decide the headlines of your stories with the theme on “My Beautiful Encounter with China.”
You can tell the feelings and observations of your study, life and work in China, tell Chinese stories in a vivid and true way and describe China’s economic development, scientific and technological achievements, natural scenery, urban features and cultural exchanges.
- Language Demand: Written in Chinese, the length of entries should be around 1,000 Chinese characters.
- Requirements of Short-Video Entries
Participation Method I: Please submit your video works to CSCSE, and we will publish them on relevant media platforms after careful selection.
- With “My Campus” as the subject, you can record your study, life and travel experiences in China from the eyes of an overseas student, tell vivid and true Chinese stories and express the most touching feelings for China through the lens.
- Video Duration: 1-6 minutes.
- Video Format: MP4.
Participation Method II: International students participate the competition by uploading their short videos online through their DouYin accounts. The platform competition will start in mid-June and last until August, whose themes will be focused on “delicious food,” “beautiful scenery” and “good things.” The video duration will not be limited. The detailed competition arrangement will be released through the official WeChat account of StudyinChina (ID:istudyinchina) and our website : www.studyinchina.edu.cn.
- How to Contribute: Please send your essay or short-video works to email@example.com.
- Overseas students and graduates studying in China shall contribute their works through the institutions they are studying or have graduated from.
- Students and scholars in overseas universities of Chinese studies can submit their works to CSCSE or through corresponding Chinese embassies and consulates.
- International students, graduates studying in China, overseas students and scholars of sinology can send their essays and videos as individual participants.
- Colleges and universities can also encourage some international students who have been popular in various video platforms with quality video works to participate the competition.
- If you want to send the entries collectively, please fill in the “Information Registration Form” first and send them together to the mailbox mentioned above.
- For oversized videos, a BaiDuYun link is recommended. Please remember to send the link to the specific mailbox.
- It is suggested that the name of the essay or video file be saved as following: Chinese name of the contestant + nationality + school (if any) + title of the entries.
- The font of the text of the essay should be Song typeface, small size 4, 1.5 line spacing.
P.S. For video works(Participation Method II), you can also please pay attention to the competition arrangement issued by official WeChat account of StudyinChina (ID:istudyinchina) and our website : www.studyinchina.edu.cn.
- Deadline: July 11th, 2021 for essay competition; July 18th, 2021 for short-video contest(Participation Method I). Please send your works to the international office of your university before the corresponding deadline with your name, nationality, program and contact information (email and cell phone number). If you are an individual participant, e.g. alumnus, please send your work to us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*For oversized videos, a BaiDuYun link is recommended.
- Rewards: All submitted essays will be reviewed by a professional panel. Outstanding essays will be published as a book, and some of them may be published in newspapers or magazines. Short videos will be assessed based on contents, quality, popularity and etc.Outstanding videos will be posted on our website and short-video apps. Winners of both competitions will receive rewards.